We are still in waiting mode. We are told that there is a possibility that we could again have a shot at court on the 25th. If this happens, then we could possibly travel within 2 weeks (if the 30-day wait is waived) or in 30 days.
Certainly, the sooner the better but if not, I am determined to book a flight to see Dylan on the 3rd week of May. You see, I will be starting my leave from work regardless of what happens with this adoption. I hired a contractor to fill in for me a while back. We committed to her for 14 weeks. At the time, we didn't figure that we would be suffering through all these delays. No one knew and I really didn't have much of a choice. I could not just leave my job unfilled so we had to find someone and make the commitment.
Who knows? Maybe things happen for a reason. I have never had a break from full-time work since I was 20 years old. I am freaked out by the prospect that I could have this kind of open-ended time off. However, I am excited as well. If nothing else, I could go and see Dylan. Did I mention that I was approved by our agency to go and see him even before our real pick up date?
It's a bit hard on the savings account but we are willing to give this a go and try and make this work. After all, if this little piglet was waiting for you, could you stand to wait quietly?