Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Surprise Phone Call

I haven't updated in a while and there is a very good and cute reason. On Friday Nov. 9, I got a phone call from Karen. She gave me a choice. There is a little baby boy that is ready to be adopted. She had photos but no medicals yet. She gave me the choice of whether or not we wanted to see the photos, despite the fact that the medicals have not yet arrived. She had no information in regards to health and birthdate. All we know was his first name and that he was abandoned and he tested neg for HIV and Wasserman (syphillis).

At this point, I told her we were not completely done wth our dossier. In fact, we had just submitted our CIS application a couple of days prior. How could we possibly be ready for a referral? Karen reassured me that I can keep working on the dossier and that the CIS stuff doesn't all have to be ready before trip 1. Her real hesitation is that we may get attached if we had the photos and if the medical came back with some terrible things in it, we would be in a very difficult situation. She called me because she was excited for us and he is super cute. She could not help herself from contacting me since we were next in line.

Well, I jumped at the opportunity and I convinced her I can handle it and so can Bill. Of course, at this point I had not even talked to Billy but I knew he wouldn't want to miss this either. She agreed to email the photos in the next 20 minutes or so, except... I was on my way out of the office for an all-afternoon fun team event and would not have access to my email. I spent the afternoon anxious to see him. Luckily the lady at the spa where we were scheduled to spend the afternoon relaxing was kind enough to let me use their PC.

At about 4 pm on Nov. 9, I had the privelege of seeing our munchkin for the very first time. He is adorable and tiny, and in PINK. But he was just cute. Karen was right and my heart was soaring. So for all of you who are not in my family and have not yet seen him, I'm sorry that I can't quite post the full photos yet, but here is a sneak peak.


Cute huh?? WE THOUGHT SO.

So anyway, since that day, everything has gone nuts. Things have moved very very quickly and I quickly got behind on my promise to update this blog at major milestones. Milestones at this point is a hilarious concept. It's been one major milestone since that day. It just keeps going. Stay tuned. I'll keep posting...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every pic of our boys they had on pink. Even now pink is Xander's favorite color, while Beckett totally can't stand it!! Too funny! And your baby pic teasers are too cute!!

Ivy Lee said...

It is so funny that the referral pics were in PINK. It is actually my least fave color on earth. My family got a kick out of that because I always got teased that when I have a baby, they will buy pink for her or him just to get me going. I guess they didn't have to do that, the orphanage did it for them. Oh the irony that I would fall in love with a little boy in pink...